Brazil ignores United States pressure to reject Huawei

Brazil ignores United States pressure to reject Huawei

Huawei's global smartphone sales have dropped a whopping 40% since the USA imposed restrictions on the Chinese technology giant last month. "It has not been proven that Huawei's technology would pose any risk to Hungary, as we have seen no [data] to support that", Minister Laszlo Palkovics told Reuters commenting on accusations against Huawei. The company has been putting up a courageous face while it announced plans of developing its own OS and making use of locally manufactures chips. The company's founder and CEO, Ren Zhengfei cautioned that the restrictions, set about by the trade war between China and the USA, will take US$30 billion off its top-line over the next two years.

Huawei's original forecast for this year was $130 billion, but at an event on Monday, Ren said the company had reassessed its expectations.

According to Zhengfei, the company expects its revenue to drop to $100 billion this year, down from around $104 billion last year. He said, 'In the next two years, we are going to do a lot of switchover of different product versions that will take time, and that will take time to ramp up, and it will take some time to test whether that works.

Hungary wants to accelerate the roll-out of the high-speed network and its government plans to discuss the matter with telecoms companies, the country's Innovation and Technology minister said. After that step, we will be stronger'.

Mourao confirmed to Brazilian newspaper Valor Economico that Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro was asked by United States president Donald Trump to stop Huawei from developing new mobile networks in Brazil during a visit to Washington. As per Washington's claim, the company is a national security threat and has imposed trade restrictions on it. Australia and New Zealand have already announced that they won't be working with Huawei.

Related Articles