Britain's Whyte cleared of wrongdoing by UK Anti-Doping

Britain's Whyte cleared of wrongdoing by UK Anti-Doping

In a statement released on Friday, the UKAD stated that the charges levelled against Whyte have been withdrawn.

"UK Anti-Doping and the professional boxer, Dillian Whyte, can today jointly confirm that Mr Whyte was charged with an anti-doping rule violation (ADRV) earlier this year, but that this charge has now been withdrawn", said a UKAD statement.

Nevertheless, Whyte was later added to the undercard for Anthony Joshua's rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr.in Saudi Arabia this week, going through Mariusz Wach, reside on DAZN.

Whyte wrote on Twitter: "For individuals who believed in me, I will not overlook you".

Assessments both facet of the pattern in query returned damaging outcomes, and UKAD was glad the June 20 pattern "was not brought on by any fault, negligence or wrongdoing on Mr Whyte's half". "To those that did not, I will not forgive you and I do know who you might be".

Whyte's participation in Saturday's fight had been widely viewed as controversial because the doping case was still pending, but it has now been dropped.

"This would normally mean that UKAD would not make any public statement, in accordance with the applicable confidentiality rules to which UKAD is subject". UKAD initiated an investigation with which Mr. Whyte fully cooperated.

Also, UKAD said that Whyte, who was also being tested by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association for the bout, provided a urine sample to VADA on June 17 that was negative, as were other tests in June and July.

UKAD said it determined after an investigation that a contaminated supplement containing trace amounts of two metabolites of steroids caused Whyte to test positive a month before his July 20 WBC interim title fight vs. Oscar Rivas. Following that preliminary ruling, UKAD continued its investigation and Mr. Whyte provided further evidence in his defence, which has culminated in UKAD's decision to withdraw the charge.

Whyte's status as a mandatory challenger to defeat Rivas had been suspended by the WBC, but the governing body has suggested that he could receive an opportunity guaranteed by the WBC title for February 2021, if the situation was resolved.

Related Articles