Blue Jays player expresses concern about bubble isolation

Blue Jays player expresses concern about bubble isolation

Blue Jays President Mark Shapiro has said the team hopes to know by July 12 if it will be allowed to play in Toronto. Despite some growing pains at the hot corner in his 2019 rookie season, it seemed like the team would give him more runway to develop.

"We have a young team and they're hungry to play and they're ready to go", Montoyo said.

The Jays are slated to kick off their 60-game schedule on July 24 in Tampa Bay.

The positional change was first brought up in February before baseball camps shuttered. "I really am and we're going to follow all the guidelines".

The Toronto Blue Jays finally arrived back home earlier this week from Florida, where they were conducting spring training (and where there is a terrifying amount of coronavirus going around).

If Rogers Centre is ruled out for games, the team has said it would likely shift focus to TD Ballpark in Dunedin. However, groups can surpass the limitation for gamers on the handicapped list after evaluating favorable for COVID-19 The Jays had at least one player test favorable, however they likewise put 4 gamers on the 10- day handicapped list without a kept in mind injury (Brandon Drury, Elvis Luciano, Hector Perez and Jonathan Davis).

That is clearly a non-starter for the Jays and Major League Baseball, so they've reportedly proposed a remedy: Players will be taken directly from the airport to the ballpark in a sanitized bus, and considering that they'll all be being in the resort which is linked to their dwelling park, Rogers Centre, they can keep the quarantine as very long as they stay inside.

Montoyo said he feels safe in Toronto and he's grateful for the current exemption for training camp.

"We were told two weeks ... not all summer ... all summer is a bit much", he said. But there is a complicating aspect: a spectacular spike in COVID-19 infections. The home opener is July 29 against Washington.

New Jays first baseman Travis Shaw, who was signed as a free agent, was the first to reply, though some tweets were later deleted.

Outfielder Randal Grichuk replied to Shaw's tweet. "We understand that we need to stay in a 'quarantine bubble.' We wanna make sure everyone is safe".

"The toughest part is them not allowing our family to come with us". The team has said a second charter is expected to fly to the Ontario capital later this week, but Montoyo did not have specifics on timing.

Related Articles