Canada manhunt fugitives recorded final video messages, family says

Canada manhunt fugitives recorded final video messages, family says

Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, were suspected of killing an Australian man and his American girlfriend, and a Canadian university professor.

Two teenage murder suspects wanted over an alleged highway killing rampage reportedly filmed their own "last will and testament" before taking their own lives.

Two teen murder suspects who led police on a manhunt through the Canadian wilds this summer recorded a video message before apparently taking their own lives, local media said Tuesday.

The two B.C. murder suspects used a cellphone to record a "last will and testament" on video before their death by suicide in the northern Manitoba wilderness, according to a report.

In the clip, the teens said goodbye to their families and described their wishes for their remains, a family member told the Star.

The bodies of McLeod and Schmegelsky were discovered near the banks of the Nelson River in northern Manitoba on August 8, following an intensive cross-country manhunt.

The Star says the RCMP have the full video.

Police found two guns alongside the teenagers' bodies which are now undergoing forensic analysis to determine if they were the weapons that killed Fowler and Deese.

Fowler and Deese had become stranded with little to no phone reception after their van broke down.

While Schmegelsky and McLeod are now the only suspects in the three murders, police say their investigation will not close until it is proven they were responsible.

Fowler, from Sydney, and Deese, from North Carolina in the United States, were found shot on July 15, after their campervan broke down on the Alaska Highway near Liard Hot Springs.

McLeod and Schmegelsky are believed to have then killed 64-year-old Leonard Dyck on the side of another highway in the area four days later.

August 7: Canadian Police announce that two male bodies believed to belong to McLeod and Schmegelsky were found in "dense bush" by the Nelson River, five miles from where they abandoned the burning vehicle.

Related Articles