Boy's last words to mum after being shot in road rage attack

Boy's last words to mum after being shot in road rage attack

A six-year-old boy riding in the backseat of his mother's vehicle on a Southern California freeway was shot and killed in a suspected road-rage attack, after his mother reportedly made an obscene hand gesture at another motorist.

The sister of a six-year-old boy who was shot dead during a road rage incident has revealed his final words to his mum.

The boy was sitting in a booster seat in the right rear passenger seat when he was shot during "some type of road rage incident", California Highway Patrol Officer Florentino Olivera said during a press briefing. "Unfortunately, the boy in the back seat was shot".

The 55 Freeway's northbound lane, near Chapman Avenue, was closed May 21 until about 12 p.m.

The child was sitting in a booster seat in the back seat of the auto traveling northbound on the 55 Freeway, said CHP Officer Florentino Olivera at a news conference on Friday. He said the driver of the white sedan shot into the back of the mother's Chevy Cruze sedan and then fled.

The child was transported to a local hospital, where he died, the reports said.

The mother told the Good Samaritans that when she veered to the right, the white sedan followed her and a gunshot went off.

Among those who were at the scene following the shooting was an off-duty police officer who tried to perform CPR on Aiden until paramedics arrived at the scene.

The mother of the child said they were on the way to school in the carpool lane. The male passenger is believed to have fired the fatal shot while his female accomplice was driving the vehicle, believed to be a white Volkswagen wagon sedan.

"Investigators are giving the mom a little bit of time before starting to interview her" about exactly what transpired, he said.

"Even if they don't have video but maybe saw something that might be related, we would love that information, even if they don't think it's important", he said.

The freeway was shut down for hours as about a dozen investigators walked the lanes looking for evidence.

Related Articles